Raise your hand if you love cake! I mean… who doesn’t love cake?! I love them all, but one of my favourites has always been marble cake. I love chocolate and I love vanilla, so why not put the two together?! I made a marble cake last month for my grandma’s birthday, so today I bring you my recipe! It’s completely vegan, super easy to make, and it’s totally delicious!
2/3 cups vegan margarine
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup sugar (one that isn’t filtered with bone char)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dairy-free milk
1/4 cup vegan chocolate
Preheat oven to 350º F.
1. Mix margarine, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla. Blend thoroughly.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt; add to mixture.
3. Add dairy-free milk. Continue to mix.
4. Melt chocolate, and in a separate mixing bowl, add to 1/3 of mixture. Mix well.
5. Place batter by spoonfuls into greased baking dish, alternating light and dark mixtures.
Bake approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
RECIPE PRINTABLE (click and then select Download in the top right corner)
Let me know if you decide to give this a try! I’d love to know your thoughts!