Today I have another sweet vegan recipe coming your way! Last month, for my grandparents’ 48th wedding anniversary (love you, Nouey and Paypay!), I tried making some new double chocolate muffins — but I decided to make them a little more healthy! I used no added sugars and I used oats instead of processed flour. I was actually surprised how tasty these muffins were and I’m honestly super proud of myself because I’m definitely no baker! They were really easy to make and I think they’re a bit healthier than typical double chocolate muffins! I hope you enjoy this 100% vegan recipe!
“HEALTHY” DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
4 medium, ripe bananas (mashed)
2 cups of oats
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup almond milk (or any other dairy-free milk)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350º F.
1. In a food processor, process oats to make them more fine.
2. Add cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; process again until mixed.
3. Add peanut butter, vanilla, vegetable oil, bananas, and almond milk; process one more time, until fully mixed.
4. Add mixture to a mixing bowl, then stir in dark chocolate chips.
5. In a greased muffin pan, fill each cup about half way.
Bake for approximately 15 to 17 minutes, turning pan half way through; remove from oven, let cool, and serve!
RECIPE PRINTABLE (click and then select Download in the top right corner)