One of my favourite foods has always been pasta! It’s always been a delicious staple in my diet because it can be made so many different ways. The pastas that I make have, over time, transitioned with my diet and lifestyle changes from becoming a vegetarian to now being a vegan. Ever since I became a vegan in April, I’ve been trying out my own different vegan pasta creations. Some haven’t turned out too well, but most have. So, today I thought I’d share one of my relatively recent favourites! It’s super easy to make (it only takes about 20 minutes), it’s pretty nutritional, and it’s so tasty!
SWEET CURRY PASTA WITH GREENS
375 g whole wheat rotini
2 tbsp vegan margarine or butter
8 tbsp sweet & sour sauce
1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
3 cups fresh spinach
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp mild curry
Optional: coarse grind black pepper
1. In a large pot, bring 16 cups of water to a boil.
2. Add pasta to boiling water; stir periodically for approximately 12 minutes (or however long the pasta cooking instructions call for).
3. While pasta is cooking, in a frying pan, add 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil; turn stove element to medium heat.
4. Add spinach to frying pan; stir until spinach is wilted and then add peas.
5. Mix in curry to spinach and peas; turn stove element to simmer.
6. When pasta is cooked, drain and then return to pot.
7. Stir in margarine or butter and then add sweet & sour sauce; mix well.
8. Add vegetable contents from frying pan to pasta; mix well.
9. Optional: Top with coarse grind black pepper and serve!
RECIPE PRINTABLE (click and then select Download in the top right corner)