Today I have another recipe to share with you! This time it’s my recipe for homemade creamy carrot soup …even though it’s almost summer! I made it for the first time recently and it was super delicious, healthy, and very filling — so I couldn’t wait until the fall to share it with you! I hope you enjoy! Oh, and I’ve included a recipe printable down below!
3 lbs of carrots
900 mL (1 box) of vegetable broth
1/2 of a small onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp mild curry
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
400 mL (1 can) of pure coconut milk
1. Chop onion and garlic and then add to a large pot with vegetable broth; simmer.
2. Wash, peel, and chop carrots; add to vegetable broth.
3. Add garlic powder, curry, salt, and ground ginger to vegetable broth; mix.
4. Bring pot to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are tender.
5. Remove from heat and add contents of pot to a blender; blend until smooth.
6. Once blended, return soup to the pot (or another one if blender can’t blend it all together) and turn stove element to medium heat.
7. Open coconut milk and mix into soup; continue to stir for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and serve.
RECIPE PRINTABLE (click and then select Download in the top right corner)
Let me know if you decide to give this a try! It’s pretty delicious …if I do say so myself!