Today I’m back with another dessert recipe! I’m someone who absolutely loves chocolate, so today’s recipe is for some little chocolate cakes that are, of course, vegan! These little cakes are absolutely delicious, but I will say that they are a bit crumbly. It was my first time creating and baking this recipe. I hope you enjoy anyway!
VEGAN DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CAKES
1 and 1/2 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup sugar
5 tablespoons peanut butter (or 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce)
2 large, ripe bananas
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
3/4 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350º F.
1. Cream shortening and sugar; add to clean mixing bowl.
2. Melt 3/4 cup chocolate chips; add to shortening/sugar mixture.
3. Add peanut butter (or applesauce); mix.
4. Mash bananas and add to mixture.
5. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into mixture; mix.
6. Add dairy-free milk and vanilla; mix well.
7. Mix in remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
8. Fill cupcake pan 2/3 full.
Bake approximately 25 to 30 minutes and then let cool. Top with some vegan whipped cream if you wish. Enjoy!
RECIPE PRINTABLE (Click and then select Download in the top right corner)