This post is not exactly going to be Christmas or holiday related! I know we’re in the swing of Blogmas, but today is my 25th birthday, so I wanted to switch it up a bit just for today!
Yes, I’m now a quarter century old, and I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I’ve learned during my 25 years of life. I brainstormed a bit and I was able to come up with 25 things, so I thought I’d share them with you today. These are more “life lessons” and not beauty related, but I hope you enjoy anyway!
1. Family is everything.
2. If people want to be around you, they will find time. If not, then it’s their loss.
3. True happiness is more important than anything. Do what you can to achieve happiness.
4. Life isn’t always easy, but it’s important to keep going no matter what. Use whatever you need to as a strength to keep going.
5. Empathy is both a strength and sometimes a weakness. It’s a strength because it allows you to relate and show compassion to others, and a weakness because it can really hurt sometimes.
6. Some people will always disappoint you, so you have to be able to move on.
7. It’s okay to be different …in whatever way that means to you.
8. Having stuff is not what’s important …family, health, and love is.
9. Compassion is the greatest trait anyone could ever have.
10. There is so much beauty in the world, even with all the ugliness.
11. It’s so important to tell those you love that you love them because you never know what will happen. We only have this very moment, so show them that you love them.
12. You need to do what you want in life, not what other people think you should. It’s the key to happiness.
13. People that judge you and talk about you behind your back are struggling within themselves.
14. Animals are the best and most loyal friends in the entire world.
15. Follow your heart but use your head!
16. Those who are true to you will always be there in your time of need.
17. Love and be yourself no matter what.
18. It’s important to experience things. Don’t always focus on getting it on camera or stuff like that. Actually experience it and create memories.
19. Don’t judge others. You don’t know their story or what they’ve been through in life. Everybody travels a different road and we’ve all experienced different things.
20. Stand up to the bullies in life.
21. You’re stronger than you know. Sometimes you’ll only realize this when you have to be strong, and some people never realize this.
22. Everyone is beautiful. But the ones who are kind, compassionate, and respectful are a little bit more beautiful.
23. Mental health is just as important as physical health, if not more, so do what works for you to be healthy …and, of course, happy.
24. Help people, animals, and the planet however and whenever you can.
25. And finally, have faith …in life, in God, and in yourself.
I hope you all have been enjoying my Blogmas posts! Tomorrow’s post is definitely going to be a bit more festive!