Today I want to share with you my recipe for delicious and relatively low-sodium vegetable soup. I really love soup, and now that it’s getting pretty chilly outside, all I want to do is curl up and eat all the soups!
Typically, I’m someone who just throws ingredients into a pot and hopes for the best, but my family has recently made some diet changes, so I wanted to make a pretty healthy vegetable soup that’s also really tasty and satisfying — so I put this together! I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you give it a try!
HOMEMADE TOMATO VEGETABLE SOUP
1 box vegetable stock
4 large Carrots
2 stalks of celery
1 small sweet potato
1/2 small onion
5 garlic cloves
1 large can no salt added diced tomatoes
1 can chick peas; rinsed
1 cup whole wheat fusilli pasta (or a pasta of your choice)
Optional: pepper & other spices
1. Chop carrots, celery, sweet potato, onion, and garlic.
2. Add vegetable stock, canned diced tomatoes, and 1 cup water to a large pot; bring to a boil.
3. Add carrots, celery, and sweet potato.
4. While that’s cooking, chop and then sauté onions, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pan; when slightly brown, remove from heat and add to soup; stir.
5. Add pasta; stir occasionally for about 10 minutes.
6. Rinse chick peas; add to soup.
7. Lower to simmer and leave for about 1 hour; stirring occasionally.
8. Optional: Add any spices you would like
9. Remove from heat and serve.
RECIPE PRINTABLE (Click and then select Download in the top right corner)