Today I want to share with you my top 10 tips to help you get (and maintain) beautiful, healthy skin! I’m obviously not a dermatologist or a health care professional, but these are things that I find work for me. I, of course, want my skin to be as healthy and luminescent as possible, so there are things that I try to do to achieve that. Here are my top 10 tips for beautiful skin!
1. Drink lots of fluids! Drinking water is the best thing you can do for your skin. Keep a pitcher of it in your fridge, so whenever you get thirsty, you can pour yourself a nice glass of cold water. I also like to sometimes add flavouring to my water just to jazz it up a bit! Eating fruits is also a great way to consume some extra fluids; plus fruit has a lot of vitamins that are great for skin!
2. Eat healthy! Obviously no one’s diet is perfect, but if you try to eat healthy most of the time, it will really make a difference in your skin! There’s nothing wrong with some treats, but make sure you’re including those fruits and vegetables too!
3. Wash your face before bed! At night, it’s always important to wash off all your makeup, as well as whatever else got on your face throughout the day. Even if your bed is calling your name and you’re so tired, take 5 minutes to wash your face and it will make all the difference!
4. Stop using a million different face products! I see people all the time who have so many steps in their skin care routine. Your skin doesn’t need all that product; it needs to breathe! If you want to use different kinds of products on your skin, I suggest using different ones on different days. This will allow your skin to breathe a little better! Your skin may feel better in the moment with all that stuff on your face, but it’s not benefiting your skin in the long run.
5. Exfoliate …but not too often! Exfoliating is good for your skin, but in moderation! Too much exfoliating can tear the skin, cause redness, and dry it out. Experiment and decide how much and how often you should be exfoliating. We know our own skin best! And when exfoliating, you don’t need to scrub and scrub! A little bit of light exfoliation every so often will help get rid of dead skin cells and help brighten your face!
6. Wear sunscreen …always! Wearing sunscreen is the best way to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. The sun can really damage your skin, especially over prolonged periods of time. It can cause age spots, premature wrinkles, sunburns, and skin cancer. So rub on that sunscreen …even in the winter!
7. Shower in warm water …not hot! I know it’s so tempting to soak up that hot water in the shower …especially in the winter when it’s cold! But, hot water will dry your skin out. This can cause the skin to look dull and cause premature wrinkles. So make sure you’re showering in warm water!
8. Sleep! Getting enough sleep is so good for your skin. Nobody looks good when they’re tired, so do your best to catch those wonderful hours of sleep!
9. Exercise! Try to get a little exercise each day, even if it’s just a short walk. Exercising helps to get blood flowing in your face, giving you a nice, healthy appearance!
10. Quit smoking! I know it’s hard, and there are so many other reasons to quit smoking other than for healthy skin; but, quitting smoking is probably the best thing you can do to achieve beautiful skin.
I hope you find these tips helpful! I personally find these tips help my skin. When I don’t do these things, it really shows in my skin, so I try to follow each of these tips as much as I can!
Do you have any skin care tips? Please feel free to share them! I’d love to hear from you!